- Spend time thinking about how you will manage the transition to student life – in particular, consider all the practical implications and put in place the necessary arrangements.
- Talk to other students about how they manage their time and cope with their studies.
- Achieving a healthy work/life balance will help you succeed in your studies.
- Make sure you manage your finances carefully. Worrying about money will put stress on your relationships and will impact on your success.
- If you think it’ll be useful to develop your basic or study skills before starting at college or university, make use of the Lifepilot Improve your skills activities and other free, online resources.
- Ask what student support services are available at your chosen university or college.
- When choosing courses, think about which assessment methods are most likely to suit you.