Welcome to the University of Bath's Lifepilot page
The University of Bath welcomes students from all ages onto its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including those who have not come directly from school or college and who decide to return to study at different stages of their lives.
If you choose to study here, you will enjoy an innovative and challenging degree programme that aims to provide you with the skills to succeed in the most competitive work environments. You will have access to a supportive and inspiring learning environment with superb facilities and highly rated employment prospects.
Mature students come from a variety of backgrounds, study all types of course and return to education for many different reasons.
Whatever your reasons for choosing higher education, we appreciate that the decision to return to education can be a difficult one and you’ve probably got a number of questions such as:
- What programmes can I study?
- What are the entry requirements?
- Where will I live?
- Who can look after my children while I’m at lectures?
- What fees can I expect to pay?
- How can I pay for my fees?
- Am I eligible for a fee waiver or bursary?
- Are there any scholarships?
- What kind of student support is available for mature students?
- Will I get the opportunity to meet other mature students?
You can find the answers to these questions on the University's mature students page including further information about the Study Skills workshop for mature students about to enter the University (under Support with your studies).
On the left you can also find some links to other areas of the University's website which will provide you with relevant information.
The University also offers comprehensive careers support following your studies. Have a look at the interactive Careers Guide.